Friday, February 16, 2007

God has ADD




It's true! I swear. I think I am a creation person after all!

"look at me, Sammy, look at me! Look! Look! Look at me now! Look, look look now what I'm doing!"

I think I've become a nature admirer. I've had this thing for clouds lately. We've had some beautiful clouds and storms over Bendigo lately.

Just ask my housemate Claire how much I'm obsessed with clouds. We were sitting out the back yard and I was in total awe of this cloud.

The other night I was staying with Cara. She lives a little bit out of Bendigo now. I like going out there because it's really peaceful. A real change, as I live pretty close to the city near a very busy road. (can you tell I'm from Pinnaroo, land of no-cars and technology?). At about 4 in the morning, there was this absolute massive downpour of rain, thunder and lightning! At first, my anxiety kicked in and I felt really scared. My mind went in and out of, is my car safe, is my underwear on the line going to end up in Mandurang? Stupid little Sammy-thoughts. But then God was doing his ADD thing. "Bang, crash, flash! Sammy, look at me! Look at me Sammy am I not pretty? You have nothing to fear, this is Me! Bang, crash, flash!" Yes God, YES GOD, OK. But it's 4am and I have to be at church tomorrow.. No, actually. I felt really happy and content. I wanted to stay up and watch God all night! I felt safe. I felt like the same God who is putting on a mighty storm out there was also looking out for me, and knows the number of hairs on my head.

After church the next day, God did the same thing. The clouds formed a beautiful storm over the city. More and more of "look at Me! Sammy!" Bang crash flash...

Days go on, and I am continuously telling Claire that I love the clouds outside.

Last night I was with Cara again, and I was telling her and Sandy how much God has ADD, and is screaming "look at Me! I'm pretty!"

Then today, I was innocently doing something on my computer when I heard God again.. "booooom. Thunder! Look at me Sammy!!!" So I go and lie on my bed and look out the window. I'm just like, wow God.. Then I fell asleep!!

After I woke up, Cara came around to find me very dopey and sleepy. We went out for tea at this Turkish place on Mitchell Street for a 'kebab' (get it right, it's a Yiros stupid Victorians, a kebab is meat on a stick!). As we were innocently eating, there was this glorious sunshower. It was actually really bizarre. More, "hey look at me now! weeee!" Usually sunshowers don't last for long. This lasted for a good 20 minutes, and stayed in the exact same spot (we were on the edge of it). It seemed so bizarre, there was heaps of wind but no movement of the rain! At one stage I went outside to investigate (perhaps it was a leak somewhere.) But yeah, it was God, showing off again :P

When we were walking back to the car, I noticed a rainbow.. Oh God you really are showing off now!

How awesome to think that this great mighty God who puts on all of these weather displays is looking after us! It makes me fall more and more in love with who He is. Yep, maybe I'm a creation person after all!

2 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

That was such a beautiful entry :)

Christop said...

I think that one of the reasons that Westerners have more difficulty believeing in God these days is that we're so alienated from his creation. Thanks for reminding us.

some background noise?