Tuesday, May 08, 2007

hari dua

Yesterday... I got up at 6am, all ready for prac.. "Kachinnnga!"


Last night... a tired little Sammy, at roughly 10pm..

(that doesnt even look like the same person!)

Today was a good day. Have been getting to know the kids. They're not perfect, but they're a wonderful bunch with character! Steff, you will be pleased to know one of my kids were misbehaving by singing Grace Kelly today, although he didnt know the order of the lyrics, so it was a tad amusing, him standing on his chair with his terrible singing "why don't you like me!"

I sat in art with the kids a little while, which was a really great time to just sit and chat with the them. I ended up talking with my new Port Power friend, and he wanted to know all about my life in South Australia, and how many games I've been too and all that jazz. Then he asked if I had a boyfriend or if I was married... umm?

Its time to get into the real stuff: the planning. This is what teaching is all about. I've had it easy, but now it's time to get serious. (AHGH I just realised I need to do ENS too!) I have a lot to plan. Some PE lessons, Literacy, even a whole LOTE lesson without another LOTE teacher, as she is on leave. I got to work out what to teach them though, because VELS isn't very specific.

The girls in my class are pretty cool. Yesterday they complimented me on what I was wearing. When I was doing bus duty they all said "bye Miss Smedley!" When I was leaving the school, one of the parents came in and told me that their son had been talking about me, and that it was all good stuff. That was a real confidence booster.

I have a lot on my mind, but I'm really enjoying this round a lot. I'm very close to saying its my favorite so far, but I've only been here two days, so its too early to say.

"Sammys passionate about hurting children" ... that can be taken two ways :|

No comments:

some background noise?