Thursday, June 28, 2007

getting my eyes fixed!

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

Isn't it funny how you're just in a simple, yet theological conversation with someone and 'it' just clicks. And it seems so real that it brings tears to your eyes.

You see, I have a problem, where I can be cynical, or discerning, and I can focus on the problem. With my anxiety I generally have the issue that I will dwell on the anxiety, and look and focus on it, rather than what I really should be doing, and this answer, is found simply in Hebrews 12:2.



Where does Paul say to keep our eyes fixed? Jesus! He doesn't tell us to dwell and dwell on an issue, and trust me there are many, because who does that give the glory to? (I'll give you a hint, it's not God!)

1 comment:

Steff said...

I whole-heartedly agree! We need to take control of our perspective and shift it back to where it belongs - on God. Great stuff!

some background noise?