Friday, November 02, 2007

Victory in Victoria...

Oh what a way to spend your Friday afternoon. Supervising a bunch of primary students while they bash each other with poles. Then somehow my name is Flick. How you get Flick out of Sammy I don't know. It was fun enough though! But probably lotsa more fun for the kids! Oh preps are so gorgeous when they bash each other! Ahem. Anyway!

I went to a meeting about Indonesia today. It's 23 days (thanks to Steff's groovy blog) until I leave. It's all scary and exciting. So much to do before then: get through exams, try and get some work, my 21st, along with scratching around for more money!

There is quite a bit on my mind really. I'm really trying to work out where it is I belong. You would think that after 3 years in Bendigo I would have worked it out. And while I acknowledge nowhere is perfect, I know that surely, there is a Sammy shaped hole out there somewhere!

I am finding myself run around in the same circles. It's like this malicious cycle where I end up getting incredibly hurt. I can't pin point exactly why though! Perhaps it's my nature of going through phases. I don't know. But I can tell you, I hate being unresilient. If I have a problem, I like to seek to resolve it. But the thing is.. I just don't know the answer to this one! There has to be one! But right now it seems there isn't one! My heart is so broken. I need some sort of stability! I'm so desperate to just cling onto someone who knows what they're doing! I want to kick this 'isolated' feeling!

mergh.

OK.

Let's turn this around...

Because there is hope! And I need to embrace the truth!

I've been reading a book by John Bevere called Victory in the Wilderness. It has given me a lot of hope about what I'm going through.

See, we're all going to go through times like what I'm going through (some similar circumstances, some not). And Jesus himself went through tough times.

Bevere talks about Jesus in the desert. How these 'desert times' are like character building places. We need these to be able to grow. And in the meantime, God doesn't give us "Abundance of stuff", but moreso, what we NEED.

ah It's a great book. Anyone can borrow it after me if they want!

No comments:

some background noise?