Thursday, December 07, 2006

a song that saved my life

over a month ago I was going through a really bad patch. A friend of mine e-mailed me out of concern. He emailed me a copy of this song:

Skillet- The last night


[ listen to it on YouTube ]


You come to me with scars on your wrist,

You tell me this will be the last night feeling like this.


“I just came to say goodbye,

I didn’t want you to see me cry, I’m fine”


But I know it’s a lie


This is the last night you’ll spend alone

Look me in the eye so I know you know

I’m everywhere you want me to be

The last night you’ll spend alone

I’ll wrap you in my arms and I won’t let go

I’m everything you need me to be


Your parents say everything is your fault

But they don’t know you like I know you; they don’t know you at all


“I’m so sick of when they say:

‘It’s just a phase, you’ll be okay. You’re fine’”


But I know it’s a lie


This is the last night you’ll spend alone

Look me in the eye so I know you know

I’m everywhere you want me to be

The last night you’ll spend alone

I’ll wrap you in my arms and I won’t let go

I’m everything you need me to be


The last night away from me


The night is so long when everything’s wrong

And if you give me your hand, I’ll help you hold on


Tonight, tonight


This is the last night you’ll spend alone

Look me in the eye so I know you know

I’m everywhere you want me to be

The last night you’ll spend alone

I’ll wrap you in my arms and I won’t let go

I’m everything you need me to be


I won’t let you say goodbye

And I’ll be your reason why


The last night away from me, away from me


First of all I need to confirm that I was not suicidal. I am not a suicidal person, because I would be absolutely scared to a) die, and b) face God after I did something like that.


Now before you get all angry about this being a song that sounds suicidal, it has a fantastic point to it.


I just think this is a fantastic song, because it has so much truth in it. God is everything we need. We will never be alone. It's just wow. Self explanatory. This song made me cry, it made me feel valued, and a bit special.


So the thanks for this goes out to Tim. This song 'saved my life', share it with a friend today and save theirs.

No comments:

some background noise?