Friday, March 30, 2007

screaming sanity on a Friday morning

So I've changed my timetable so that sometimes (not always) I have class on Friday morning. This is really cool because I get to spend this time with my best friend Steff and my housemate Claire, and also I function better at 10 after no classes rather than at 12 after 2 hours of classes. It's also good because there aren't 50 people in the one class, and my lecturer will probably now give me an A because I swapped into the smaller class (haha I wish!)

The class we do is PE, and I actually don't mind it. Today we made an obstacle course and ran around. Then we did some skipping which was fun, but I was really unco and usually messed up the whole routine. It was fun none the less. I was running around crazy, and having so much fun I couldn't breathe! Then a girl called Ange did some line dancing with us which was hilarious. Ange will make a great teacher! It was the best fun..

And then..

We ran around screaming!

Claire went first, then Steff, then me, but I didn't get very far, because the screaming was so hilarious I cracked up laughing! (the objective is to see how far you can run while screaming, and when you stop screaming, you stop running. It's like a race! It's fun. You should play it some time.)

So that's how they teach us to become teachers.

Usually I hate PE. But I think a recent change in lifestyle has helped me a lot.

I was never the one to do any type of physical exercise. In the last few years, the most I would get was the walk to uni every morning (I lived on campus) and even then sometimes Steff would drive me home (not leaving campus).

This year I moved off campus. Luckily I still am in walking distance to uni, but it is about 4 blocks away up some very steep hills, which gives me plenty of exercise. I usually walk every day. I eat a lot better because I often share food with Claire. And I am seeing results.

Just last week (or the week before) some 'parents' (not mine, just some at church) said to me that I was looking so much healthier, radiating with life, and that even my skin looked better! And today in PE I was constantly hitching up pants that four months ago were almost too tight!

The results haven't just been physically, but also emotionally, and mentally. I think I am doing better academically (now just need to get over the procrastination). And it's like Maslow's hierarchy of needs, when these things are in place, we will probably function better spiritually. Well, I think that may be the case for me. And that's not to say that you wont without fulfilling needs. I have no scripture here. Don't listen to someone who doesn't back up what they say without evidence :P (I'm the evidence?)

God gave me a body. He gave me free will. The choice whether to neglect it, or to actually make a difference and make it more effective (durable). I think that God wants me to take care of what I've got. I was sick of feeling so yuck. And I'm glad I started doing something about my health!

Thankyou God for steep hills! (never thought I'd say that!)

Like those hills are hard, if you keep persevering, you can conquer them!

No comments:

some background noise?