Sunday, April 01, 2007

the power of my prayers are more powerful than my car!

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. - Romans 12:14

Last night I was on my way to Elizabeths party, and I was driving up a hill. Now my car is a 1.6 power corolla, and it doesn't like hills very much, so often if I don't get a good run up (in this instance this was the case because it was at traffic lights) my car will do roughly 40kmph up the hill (if that).

Anyway so I'm at this hill, and my car is doing exactly that. Slow, slow, slow, when suddenly a P plater car zoomed up beside me (the lane beside me was ending), over-took me and almost took me out! They then zoomed out in front of me giving me the 'finger'. I didn't even know these people!

Now usually I'd be like, "agh victorian P-platers, who do they think they are!!", but I thought, no, I'm gonna pray for them, they need it ;)

So that was fun, and I'm gonna do that for every P-plater hooligan I see now.

Hope this little story has inspired you to pray for your enemies :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got a manual or auto 1.6L? Cos my manual one makes it up all hills pretty fine! :P

Achi Myachi said...

an auto. I'm probably not aggressive enough, but to get up the hills at a reasonable speed I need a bit of a run up. Oh it's fun driving up the hills on the way to Ballarat with many cars behind you.

some background noise?