Thursday, August 30, 2007

drop it like it's hot


Today I was working at McDonalds. It was my first time on breakfast.

When we take something from the burger warmer/dispencery thing, we say, "taking a (mac, chook, cheese - meaning either a Big Mac, McChicken, or Cheese Burger etc)". Well, because I was on breakfast for the first time, I didn't know the 'code' words.

Anyway, so this asian man comes in, and he says that he wants two hotcakes. Now for hotcakes, they make them when you order, so I have to (with my teacher voice) yell for them. I had recently heard someone call them "hotties", so, without thinking, I call out, "Can I have 2 hotties?"

I turn around and see the man laughing his head off at me.

"I thought this was a respectable family restraunt!"

Both he and I laughed in unity with each other, for quite some time...

No comments:

some background noise?