Sunday, October 14, 2007

little bit o love

This is the way you left me
I'm not pretending
No hope, no love, no glory
No happy ending
This is the way that we love
like it's forever
then live the rest of our life
but not together
Mika - "Happy Ending"

There is a real danger in secular (and sometimes, not-so-secular) music. I believe that people underestimate the power that music can have in ones life. I believe that many christians don't have an understanding that it can open up doors for the enemy to come and rob you of the abundance of life God has planned for you!

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 peter 5:8)

Although I know this all too very well, somehow this song kinda represented how I was feeling (don't start assuming because you're probably way off - hence the 'somehow'). The problem with this kind of music is that while it does some how express how you feel, dwelling on this song, singing it, does not help the situation. In fact, it magnifies how bad I'm feeling, rather than magnifying an awesome powerful creator who is above every situation and circumstance no matter what I'm feeling! Because I KNOW that whatever I go through, God is still awesome and alive and real, and no less worthy of my praise!

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. (1 Thess. 5)

So here I am, feeling utterly like rubbish singing this song in my car, by the lake, and it gets to the emotional keychange and it suddenly starts pouring down with rain. At this stage I am fully crying about this whole horrible situation, the heavy rain pitter pattering and the 'intense' part of the song makes it all oh so much more real.

Suddenly, I see the rain ease, and out from my car, I see this:


12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; (Genesis 9)

A rainbow!!! You know what that symbolises, right? That God will keep His promises! A timely reminder that God won't leave me stuck in this situation! That my God is a God of power! Sometimes I can't see the result, but He's the Alpha and Omega!

So then, after that, I turned the song into a parody of God and How great He is!

Maybe one day I'll blog about music properly. Maybe...
And maybe, maybe one day, I will blog a parody :P

3 comments:

Stephanie Jewell said...

wow!
seriously, wow!

last time i commented about wow this is so much like my situation and how much that scripture applies too... well same thing again!

thanks sammy ^_^

Steff said...

'Praise You In This Storm' would be a better song for you perhaps :P

Karina said...

Or perhaps Gonna Love Today by Mika. :P

some background noise?