Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Video killed the radio star

When the internet miraculously kicked back in today, I celebrated by listening to online radio. Cvc wouldnt work for some reason, so I listened to Adelaide's 107.9 lifeFM. (used to listen to this station whenever I ventured to Adelaide). So I'm listening to this really strange out there song, about "I saw the light" or something. The best way to describe it almost would be like "the devil went down to Georgia" style. (I just found out it was by Jonny Cash: youtube it if you wanna hear it)

Anyway, the presenter was quite amused with it, and he joked about how because he'd played such a song people were going to chase him down the streets of Adelaide. Nonetheless, he said that if you liked the song, send him an email.. So what do I do? I send an email.

I loved that song you just played! (the I saw the light song)

Greetings from an on line listener in Bendigo, Victoria :)

Sammy
I thought that would make his day. I went on to do stuff in my room, and then I heard him come back on and he's like, "before I continue (laughs) I recieved an email (he kinda laughs as he says it), its from Sammy in Bendigo, and she says that she loved the song I just played. So a big hello to Sammy over there in Bendigo! You're lucky you're so far away that people cant come and chase you down the street!"

It was by far, the most exciting part of my day.

No comments:

some background noise?