Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Dish

This morning I was procrastinating (as I am now) and watching TV, when an ad came on for New South Wales tourism. Now, I dont have much of a knowledge about New South Wales, in fact, my only travels usually get to about Moama. I realised today that there is a dream of mine that has not yet been fufilled.

What's that dream? I know that this may seem strange, but, I really really want to go to Parkes!

Why Parkes? Do you ask? Because I want to go and see the massive sattelite dish! Have you ever seen the movie, The Dish? Well, since it came out in 2001ish, I've always wanted to go there!

I was pondering a visit there this morning, and then realised that this dream was always a dream I had when I lived in South Australia, and I havent thought about it up until today in Victoria. And to that I realised that I am probably not that far away from Parkes anymore!!

I was wrong. It's probably about 8 hours away. Dang.

No comments:

some background noise?