Tuesday, April 24, 2007

mau pulaaaang!!!

A quote absolutely nothing to do with this blog post:

"Steff, Sammy, block your ears, you're good little Christian girls and won't want to hear this." - My friend Kerri.

Be in the world but not of it?

Last night I had the best dream. I was doing my prac in Pinnaroo, and it was with the grade I wanted, and I was doing a really good job.

I woke up at 6, the aim was to get on top of some homework. Went to bed at 9:30, but was pretty insomnic.

I have been really home sick lately. I only got one week off, and I stayed in Bendigo. I really want to go and see my dog (Trav you'd like him. I hate dogs but he's a big old gorgeous lab), and my mum. Spend some time out in the abundant green open spaces. Refresh myself with some time away from Bendigo.

And then it hit me, I could go home and do my prac there in two weeks time.

My idea was to go to the prac office that day and tell them that I wanted to go to Pinnaroo or Murrayville. There's such a demand for prac places in Bendigo, I thought that they'd love me. And besides, last time I checked, I was still unconfirmed for my school.

Going home had its down sides though. I know God wants me in Bendigo. I know that there's stuff he is wanting me to do and be involved in. I'd also miss my best friends 21st, which almost made me cry at the thought of that.

So I knew I needed to pray about this. I prayed that if I was still unconfirmed when I got to uni, I would go to the prac office and tell them my idea.

I called my mum, got the phone numbers, discovered South Australia are still on school holidays. Walked to uni listening to compliments of gus, my first ever christian CD! Oh the memories of the young and wild days! (Anyone remember when you could download their music for free on gush??)

Got to uni and after 15 minutes of waiting we realised class had been cancelled. So what was supposed to be a 9am start turned into an 11am start - I could have slept in! With this I headed for the education building to discover my faith - 3 weeks in Bendigo or Pinnaroo?

I took a deep breath as I opened the education door, scanned the list of 190 students, to find that my name, was in fact, highlighted. My place in the small school on the outscurts of Bendigo, had indeed been confirmed overnight. I ripped up the peice of paper for Pinnaroo, and went and informed my friends of my fate.

So that's a nice little story for you. As for going home, at this stage I plan to go home during swot-vac. If they plan an Indonesian catch up day, I'm not going!

No comments:

some background noise?