Wednesday, April 25, 2007

terdekat

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- James 4:7

There's a really good sermon by John Bevere everyone should listen to. I think it's somewhat related to his book A Heart Ablaze (which I am yet to read).

He says in this sermon that we need to initiate the drawing near to God. He asks, who draws near first in this passage? We do.

Anyway it's a really good sermon, check it out on his website www.messengerintl.org, it's not working for me at the moment.

When I listened to his sermon, I was driving in the car home to Pinnaroo, and it was one of those moments where you feel like a blindfold has been taken off, it was like, YES!

On that note, meanwhile back at the ranch...

I went to a different church service on sunday. It's very small, and the church members often add in something on top of a message, or just freely give testimonies. Anyway, one man was telling us about how he had these two young guys that were studying the bible and came along this verse.

Now the translation they were using actually used the words draw nigh. The young man didn't know what this meant, and asked him what nigh meant. Anyway as we were being told this story, the man got up, out of his seat. Grabbed the pastor and gave him a massive hug, and said that was exactly what he did with the man. "This is what it means to draw nigh. DRAW NIGH TO GOD!" (please correct me if I've spelt that wrong)

Anyway, that illustration was another YES moment. It was such a beautiful picture to have in my mind of drawing near to God, getting right into Him!

No comments:

some background noise?