Wednesday, July 04, 2007

No longer from the festy state

Spatch: "Is anyone here a fully licenced driver?"
Me: "ooh! Yes I am!"
Spatch: "Fantastic! Good..."
Me: "Umm.. But one thing, I'm under 21, is that a problem?"
Spatch: *looks confused*
Steff: "It's not as stupid as it sounds!!!"

Today's adventures found me at the Vicroads office, surrendering myself to become, dare I say it, Victorian!

Yep, poor old Roy now is driving around with a plate that says "Victoria, The Place to be". What rubbish! I was going to get 'pop plates' and get Roy as my number plate, but it would cost over $300... No thanks. That almost would register Roy for a year! I had to get the plates off myself. Lucky I thought ahead and brought screwdrivers. I felt so, like, manly, or something. It took me ages, but I felt a great sense of self satisfaction once I had!

Roy also has something new attatched to him. Yes, that's right. P plates (thankyou Hamish!).

Most people are excited when they get their P's. I've already had them. But there's not too much of a problem, because Victorian P platers can drive faster than SA P platers, and because I don't drink, it won't really bother me. I just liked the claim of having a full licence when I was under 21. But, alas, you cannot be under 21 and be a Victorian fully licenced driver. I should be thankful that the day I turn 21 I get a full licence again, most victorian P platers don't have that.

But sigh, it's not as cool as people pointing out my car in the car park cos it has the SA plates. People can't wonder why I'm fully licenced anymore. Bring on November!!!

The good thing about all of this, My licence is free until March next year (when it expires in SA), as with my RAA, well, now RACV insurance. Also, the money I have just spent will be reimbursed by Transport SA :D Thank God that He provides!

2 comments:

Steff said...

See, I told you it wouldn't be all that bad!

Stephanie Jewell said...

"I felt so, like, manly, or something."

haha! :P you make me grin!

some background noise?