Tuesday, September 11, 2007

getting a cold trying to find a doctor









"although I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear no needle!"
- Joy

Today is the day watching All Saints is just 'too much'.

I have recently spent $109 dollars on a typhoid vaccine which will hopefully not make me as sick as last time I had it.

Everybody believes Bendigo is in a GP crisis. It takes about a week to get into my doctor (which is pretty good for Bendigo!), and I spent 6 hours in the Emergancy Department on the weekend. All I want is a simple injection, that basically I want over!

After being on two waiting lists yesterday, and not getting a call for either, I decided this morning to wake up at 6:30 am, and by 7 be sitting outside of primary care (after going for a coffee at maccas) and sitting there until the open at 8am. It's a very interesting place at that time of morning. Probably wouldnt want to be there alone after dark!

To pass the time, sitting on a pillow on the cement footpath, I took some pictures. At 7:30, (note, why was I there since 7am!?) more people came to queue up, so I decided to stop being a fool and put my camera away.

I noticed that while about the 5 of us stood there in silence, we all had the one eager thing on our mind: as soon as the door opened, get in and get an appointment.

It was also obvious that we all were thinking the same thing: Bendigo needs more doctors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah its crazy. I work in a doctors office and we are booked out so far in advance. Theres barely any doctors in town that will take any new patients. I wouldn't wanna be really sick in bendigo right now. More doctors are very much needed.

some background noise?