Thursday, September 06, 2007

put that thing back where it came from or so help me

Ever get so lost behind deep theology that doesnt make sense? That makes you feel like you're walking on eggshells and thus making you feel distant from God?

Although this theology is interesting, challenging, and not always bad, sometimes we forget some of the simple, yet crucial things.

Something someone said to me the other day in an sms randomlly:

I give you authority

This was taken out of Luke 10:19:

Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

What is it to have authority? To have authority is to almost like take control. Take a look at Matthew 16:19:
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Now that's a pretty big responsibility when you think about it. What is bound and loosed in heaven can be up to us. We can make these big shifts in the heavenlies as well as on earth! WOW!

It's not that I didn't know this. But some how out of all the deeper theology I lost this, and became myself, lost. This of course, does not mean we should live a simple life, because the road is not a highway, and life isn't simple. But some of these things need to be crucially remembered.

I remember when I used to live in Pinnaroo, one night I pretty much told God my life story! Everything that was going on I just talked and talked and talked to God for a good 3 hours. I don't know where this went from my life. The lack of real-ness between God and myself, which is particulaly silly, when God is all-knowing. It's so simple, yet so crucial.

A good mate said to me not long ago to just tell God everything. Be specific. Be real.

It was a bit like, well, duh. But of course, just like a prep, whoops, I forgot.

In 1 peter 5:7 it says:
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Notice the word ALL, there? Take particular notice. It doesn't say some of your cares, but ALL of your care upon Him!

Keep it real.

Sammy

(PS. Edit on this. Although simple advice is good, always remember that the 'power' in the simplicity is what backs it up - the word of God!)

No comments:

some background noise?