Tuesday, May 01, 2007

gas

"ha! I'm going to blog about this!"

Tonight Claire and I decided to cook a lasagne from Aldi which has been in our fridge for about a month.

Tonight was a real milestone for us. We had not yet used our oven (we have used the stove, but havent been sure how to use the oven). Armed with the flicky-lighter-mathingimybob, Claire turns on the gas and flicks around the oven.

I then realise that there's a little flicky thing you hold onto while you light the stove. Now we can definately smell the gas, but nothing is happening. I message ex-housemate Rachel to try and work out what to do.

We turn off the gas for a bit, as the smell was getting a bit overwhelming. Claire then turns it on, as I pull the little trigger and she flicks the flicker once again.

Now I turn the gas off again because the smell was gross, and realise that the oven knob indeed
wasnt turned on, and Claire had the grill on.

So we turned the grill off. And finally lit our oven to cook the much needed lasagne.

But this isnt the end. It is only just the beginning.

20 minutes later, I hear some colourful language coming from the kitchen. Neither of us realised that the plastic was not supposed to stay around the lasagne (we didnt realise that under it there was aliminium). I think we both just assumed it was one of those plastics that doesnt melt, like those baking trays you can get. Wrong.

I think we've saved it, but it's still cooking. It's a bit of trial and error considering we can't read the dial on the oven to tell us the temperature.

So I wonder if this is the end yet?

No comments:

some background noise?