Saturday, May 05, 2007

istemewa

Here comes a serious post. Watch out.

I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me. But have you ever felt looked down upon? Have you ever felt like people judge you for what you are, or are not. That perhaps you don't have it "all together" right now. That you should get back on track so that you can do great things for God...

What a lie! I'm sick of living under this impression. I'm sick of the gossip. I'm sick of the fact that I seem to be 16 and not 20. I'm sick of the fact that people get the impression that I've only been a christian since I walked through the doors of a church. 6 years. My understandings of doctorines and teachings are broader than people think. I was brought up as a pentie in an evangelical setting. I'm not as stupid and vulnerable as people think.

I have walked many paths, and are yet to walk many more. These words were spoken over my life in year 12.

Someone wise once said to me to change with God. I want to change. I want to be better with him in accordance to HIS will, not MINE.

It's a stupid misconception that we need to get over. We need to stop living this lie that we'll never live up to peoples standards. I'll never live up to God's standards, it's by the grace of Jesus death that I can.

I was praying over something I was involved with the other day, and I felt like God was really putting this word on my heart:

Jeremiah 1
5 “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

6 Then said I:


“ Ah, Lord GOD!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”

7 But the LORD said to me:


“ Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8 Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.

9 Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me:


“ Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant.”
***

It;s not by our might. It's not by our strength, but by God's. He is the one who can put the words in our mouths. He is the one who can empower us through his spirit. Jeremiah says, that he is a youth, God says that doesn't matter. I say, but God, they say.. God says it doesn't matter. You say, But God... God says it doesn't matter...

Before you were born he knew you and set you apart to change this world.

God takes us where we're at, I'm convinced that God can do anything, even use a little crazy south australian havent got it all together girl like me.

I just wish people could see me as God could see me..

No comments:

some background noise?