Wednesday, January 03, 2007

community scale

This is what I call the 'community scale'. The orange pentagon is the church, the green is our community (not the church community, for example, for me, it would be Greater City of Bendigo), and then the blue is more on the world scale.

This has come from me thinking about how I see churches 'reach out' to the community. Vinyard Church run breakfast for people who don't have enough to eat, the salvos, well, do lots. And our church? I'm not sure what we do. I guess we are reaching out to the community of Epsom by planting a church there.

Me, personally on the scale? I can be in many places. I can be very church-centric, hiding between the walls of the church. I am involved in a mission that is reaching out to kids from Bendigo, and then then I am a bit in the blue, too. I'm here and there in SA, I sponsor a child in Senegal, and I plan to go back to Indonesia.

Jesus told us to go out into the world. Where are you?

No comments:

some background noise?