Wednesday, January 03, 2007

the worship language of Sammy


after God's own heart.... by ~notsoemobadger on deviantART

^ If you can't see the picture in the embedded object up there, click here.

I have realised that I need to paint more.

I believe we have different 'worship langauges', and I don't think they should be limited by what a book says, if that is there are only 5. Some people do it through singing, some dancing, some through conversation (another one of mine).

Worship is a when you are 'connected' with God. I discovered my connection when I painted this picture.

I have always liked art (yet this doesn't mean I am good at it!). It is a way I can just sit back, relax, and draw/paint what's on my mind. I notice that when I don't do it once in a while, I begin to get agitated! I felt like I could really connect with God by doing this. I listened to a sermon, and some music while doing it. I could pray, I expressed to God through what I was doing. Worship is a verb, it's an action!

The painting I did this morning was inspired by David, known as a Man after Gods own Heart. And you can see that through the kind of things he wrote in the bible (if this is wrong please correct me!). That's what I want to be. A woman after God's own heart.

My worship language is seemingly art, and I'm happy with that.

No comments:

some background noise?