Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Feeling a little.. bilingual?

bi·lin·gual [bahy-ling-gwuhl or, Can., -ling-gyoo-uhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective
1.able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
2.spoken, written, or containing similar information in two different languages: a bilingual dictionary; Public notices at the embassy are bilingual.
3.of, involving, or using two languages: a bilingual community; bilingual schools.
–noun
4.a bilingual person.

Bilingual education is something I am very much interested in.
As you know I study Indonesian as a second language at uni, and have been since 1999. I have found that being bilingual is very rewarding, it extends your knowledge in two languages, and can also give you a bigger cultural awareness.

This has inspired me to create a new blog. This blog is designed for people who are bilingual to practice their languages. If you're bilingual I invite you to comment in this post and I'll sign you up. I've already sent invites out to a few people!

Even if you're not bilingual, head on over and check it out - you may learn something!!

No comments:

some background noise?