Thursday, July 12, 2007

Blessed with shoes

God is so great!!

He has blessed me with a job. The past month or so I have really been financially struggling, and that's not so good when you're planning to go overseas at the end of the year. But God does provide. He has sent me to Bendigo, and can find a way, when there doesn't seem to be a way.

So the job, for those who have neglected to read my blog, is a casual position at maccas. Now, with this job I also needed some black, leather, polishable shoes.

Now I looked all over Bendigo for these new shoes, and found really nothing all too stunning, and nothing for less than $50 really.

Somehow, I got the idea to go to Castlemaine to look there. Now this is often the story of my life. I will look for something all over a city, and find what I'm looking for in a smaller place. So it came to no surprise that the first shoe shop I walked into Castlemaine had just the thing I was looking for.

I left them there and looked around the other shoe shops in town (a total of 3), then spending some time with my friend Kerri. My idea was to either go back to that shoe shop and get those shoes, or put some Doc Martens on layby in Bendigo (if I have to spend that much money, I'm going to spend them on docs).

Today I returned to Castlemaine with the mission of getting the shoes that I first saw. The lowdown is they were simple, yet stylish, leather polishable shoes for only $44. Half of the reason I wanted to buy the shoes here is because the lady was so nice, and wasn't pushy at all.

I walked into the store, and asked her about the shoes I looked at on Saturday. They were gone from the shelf! She said that she only had one pair left.. But they were a size 8 (I'm usually a size 7). I said that I'd just try them on to see.

You wouldn't believe it...

They fit PERFECTLY.

I have just gotten half decent work (and probably prac) shoes for under $50 (whilst most shoes like this are around the $100 mark)

So thanks God, for blessing me :) I refuse to believe that God cannot work in nearly any part of your life!

No comments:

some background noise?