Monday, September 17, 2007

puisi

For my next Indonesian assignment, I have been asked to write a poem.

Last year I wrote this poem:

Here I am.

I am lying.

Alone.

Wounded.

Bleeding.

This pain I cannot take.

I try to walk.

I stumble.

I fall to the ground.

I burst into tears.

The tears soak me.

Soak the ground on which I sit.

It was then that I looked up, and saw Him.

I looked into His eyes – and I knew.

I knew He understood.

He understood every emotion and pain.

Tears filled His eyes with compassion as He looked into mine.

His body marred with scars.

His two hands and feet restricted to the nails on the cross.

Who is this man?

This man,

with such a pained,

yet,

compassionate

look in His face

for me?

At that moment He cries out into the heavens

…and dies.

Despair and loss fills my heart.

I long to see that look in His eyes once more.

But it is finished.

And only now do I realise…

MY SINS PUT HIM THERE

The pain this man was going through was MY pain.

He understood.

I run my hands along the cross that this man was crucified on.

I cry.

For I know it is finished.

Blood stained rain falls from the heavens.

I am washed clean of everything in my life.

My hand - still on the empty cross.

I weep tears of Joy.

For I know

He is coming back for me!


Ok, a little dramatic, but it has copy and pasted like that.

My question is, am I game enough to translate that as my assignment :P

No comments:

some background noise?