Monday, September 17, 2007

another shade of blue






After a hard day of uni, I decided to come home and paint a canvas blue in recognition of how I was feeling.

For those who know art, in Picasso's life, he went through many different phases. He went through a Rose Period, where he was in love and everything was utterly wonderful for him. But with that came a Blue Period, after the suicide of a close friend. His artwork during these times depicts his feelings.

Everybody goes through good and bad phases. Sometimes these last for an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year, sometimes even years!

Almost like Picasso, David went through a lot of different things in the bible. You can read about it in Psalms. However, there was a big noticable difference between David and Picasso. Even when David felt like utter rubbish, he still looked to God. Even when he felt abandoned, he cried out, "God, where are you!?"

Back to my painting, as I was painting this canvas blue, I was thinking about what I could paint. What is one of my most favorite things? Clouds!

Hang on, the sky is blue, and I like the sky. I love clouds! Now how does that work for a 'blue period'..? Because they make me so happy!

So blue isn't a bad colour after all!

1 comment:

Stephanie Jewell said...

your painting is beautiful :)

I hope you find your time of rose :)

Or even a time of yellow... and daisies and dandelions :D yay ^_^

hehe .. sorry i got carried away there :D

good job!

some background noise?