Wednesday, October 24, 2007

heavens in the backseat of the cinema

On my recent trip to South Australia, due to conditions mostly out of control, I went and saw a really awful movie. Now when I say an awful movie, I don't mean, like, Neighbours-bad-acting type movie, I actually mean a really, bad, typical extreme american sex-phased movie. I spent a lot of the time looking at the ceiling and asking God to help me get through the movie. I think I spent a lot of time also just praying for the people watching as well.

As we were leaving, I was in the back seat of my friends car. Her and my other friend were in the front saying how awesome they thought this movie was. I kind of just sat with no comment.

As we drove out of the cinema and headed back towards the Eastern Adelaide Suburbs, I couldn't help but notice this trashy 70's song that was on the radio.

"Heaven's in the back seat of my Cadillac, let me take you there - yeah yeah"

Despite knowing the real meaning of this song.. There I was, in the back seat, and all I wanted to do was cry out to the God of heaven!

We are called to be ambassadors of heaven. We are called to pray without ceasing. That means in everything we do, no matter how crazy, we should pray! On earth as it is in where? That's right - HEAVEN! :D

It was such a quirky, exciting, maybe even uplifting part of the whole night!

We, as human beings have choices not to go some places. I could have said, look, I don't want to see this movie, in fact, I probably should have. But when you're in situations - in the 'back seat', don't forget that heaven's with you - and that's powerful!

(eeep I'm getting cheesy!)

No comments:

some background noise?