Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shopping in Sedgwick

Today I went shoe shopping. Some retail therapy was in order. Then, at 5:30, I was booted out of rivers and found that alas all other shops were also closed.

My stomach was telling me that tea should be ready within the next two hours. Because I couldnt be bothered defrosting mince, I went to buy my own.

I was driving home when instead of taking a left, I kept going straight. Straight down Carpenter St, straight down Spring Gully Rd. I didn't know where I was going, I just kept driving. I just wanted to drive drive drive! I think I needed to think think think and pray pray pray too.

Where was I going? I was going shopping in Sedgwick.

However, upon my arrival in Sedgwick, I came to realise that there was not even a shop in Sedgwick to buy mince. There wasn't even one in Mandurang. There was a little general storey-thing but it looked closed.

So I kept driving, bypassing the suburbs, almost hitting an Echidna, to Strathfieldsaye, which is a busy little place. It was there that I bought some Lemon Lime and Bitters, and some mince off a freaky butcher dude.

Sometimes, I guess I just need to drive.. to places that are more isolated even moreso than Pinnaroo...

The conclusion, or the point of this story: there isn't one. I just hope you enjoyed hearing about my afternoon, 'shopping' in Sedgwick!

No comments:

some background noise?