Wednesday, August 09, 2006

darkness

This morning I go to make a cup of tea. Half way through the kettle boiling there is a dead black out. The power tried to go back on again but everything then went. So much for breakfast.

I woke up the RA (this is about 8:30 am) and he stumbles out of bed, and Im pretty sure he hates me right now. (origionally I just thought something surged in the terrace).

Got to uni and the power was off there as well, meaning it must have been a uni/suburb/city wide thing. It was rather freaky, going in the education building when it was pitch black. In fact, I sprinted through the hall and up the stairs cos it was so scary!

Then it came on and I had to go to class, what a shame.

In Pinnaroo, we used to have black outs that were just a bit less than frequent. The problem was is places like Murray Bridge and and so on would be out, so the workers would fix everywhere before Pinnaroo, meaning we'd go without power for up to 20 hours. One day it was 22 hours. It brought families together. Jess and I used to play cards, or light heaps of candles. It also meant take-away for tea, because all the appliences in our house are run on electricity. So that makes that "Pinnaroo has no running water or electricity" line quite valid indeed.

No comments:

some background noise?