Thursday, April 19, 2007

joining the frog club..

In the last few weeks, my friend Spatch blogged about 'Why I am a frog'.

I love Spatch, and Steff a great deal. They are two of my closest friends. But I don't want to be like them this much!

I usually love the winter. One of my motives for moving to Bendigo was for the colder climate. But this year I am finding myself to be continuouslly cold, and it's only April! That said I do love winter over summer any day.

I'm trying to work out why I'm so cold. My housemate (Melbourne girl) is always telling me I'm mad because I'm so cold when she runs around in a t-shirt and shorts. Maybe I've climatised to Bendigo weather, but wouldn't that mean I'd be ok with this weather? I know that to a degree that I have - the air in Pinnaroo is so dry my skin dries out! My only other self-diagnosis is that I am iron-deficient, or that I have lost weight and therefore have less insulation on my body.

But am I a frog? Spatch defined a cold frog as "someone who hates, and avoids, the feeling of being cold" (Tilley 2007) . I don't think I'm quite there... yet.

No comments:

some background noise?