Saturday, April 21, 2007

mau mati hari ini?

Well, after I finished my last blog post, I decided it was time for lunch. I searched through what food we had, and what would take the least amount of cooking for the busy day in front of me. I found some frozen hash browns, and began to cook them on the George. Little did I know, the cord had become stuck between the plates.

While this was happening, I was still really frustrated about the fact that I really wanted soup, and couldn't find my can opener. I searched and searched through the drawers, and eventually found it with the small spoons in the top drawer. I was very happy, and opened the can, put the contents in the saucepan, and began to cook my soup.

Now by this time, the hashbrowns were almost cooked, so I put a bit of pressure on the george, when suddenly, BANG! This huge fireball emerges from the george. I immediately turned it off at the power point, freaked out, and got advice from Steff. It ended with me armed with two wooden spoons getting the plug out of the powerpoint. It's still sitting there with the hashbrowns still in it.

So that was a near death experience. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if the outcome was worse, how long it would take for someone to realise I'm not around.

I got this George for my mum for her birthday in 2005. She really liked it, however, was constantly frustrated because it was too small to cook her and Jess a decent meal. But she really liked the concept, so she went to the city and brought herself a BIGGER George, and gave me the small George. Being a uni student I happily took him in. There have been many fun days since then. We cooked steak together, we even cooked fritz together. There were many happy days of toasted sandwhiches and I even made Steff lunch on there once. Sigh.

So what will I do with George now? I think either a burial service in my back yard (lots of dirt and no garden), or maybe I could make him into an expressive form of abstract art?

Good bye George, I will miss you. Rest in peace.

In other news, I may be going back to Indonesia July this year!

3 comments:

Christop said...

Two of the houses I lived at when I lived in Ballarat had George Foreman grills, but I only ever saw one used once, and it was to cook evegtables, so George wasn't really even needed to knock out the fat.

Matteo said...

craziness. Our George died yesterday too...it just stopped working. I didn't put the cord in it though :P

Anonymous said...

a sandwhich maker works well for cooking hash browns.

some background noise?