Thursday, April 19, 2007

lost in Adelaide

Do you ever have a dream so scary that it disrupts your entire day?

I had a really frightening dream last night...

I somehow ended up in Adelaide in the early hours of the morning, and I was alone and really scared. I was having a really massive panic attack about where I was, what I did or didn't have in my posession. It was roughly five AM and I was lost in the city, in the darkness.

I began to scream, and for some reason, my mum was in Adelaide too and walked around the corner. I asked her to help me, but she told me to stop making such a scene, that I was making her look bad. We then came to the decision that I should catch the bus out to the Adelaide Hills so my auntie could come and get me and I stay with her. I then began looking for a bus as the sun was coming up. That's where the dream ended.

I'm not usually the one to have nightmares. I have my fair share of bizarre dreams - my friends all know this, because often when I see them in the morning the first thing I say is, "oh I had this dream last night..." But to actually have a nightmare is really odd for me, and to have one that has made my day feel so awful is also bizarre.

After the nightmare I couldn't sleep. It was about 4:30am and my mind felt really troubled. In a bizarre twist, before I went to sleep I had just messaged a friend telling her about how well I had slept the past few nights. All I could do was pray, quote scripture, take the thoughts captive, etc.

Has anyone else had such a bad dream like this before?

No comments:

some background noise?