Monday, April 16, 2007

mungkin nanti

This week I have discovered not only that I need to be more productive in the little time that I have, but also that I really enjoy Indonesian pop music. It makes me want to go back so much!!

This week I have listened to a song with the phrase 'pekat malam'.. Now I knew malam meant night, but I did not know what pekat malam meant. I knew it meant 'thick', but thick night!? So then after enquiring through my kamus (dictionary) and clarifying my Indonesian lecturer (native Indonesian lady). She looked at me confused as I asked her, paused for a moment, told me "a dark night", and asked why I asked such a question. The look on her face was gold.

So that was fun. If you want to hear some Indonesian pop music, go on myspace.com and music search for either peterpan or ungu.


No comments:

some background noise?