Saturday, June 23, 2007

half way around the world and back

I didn't expect today to be so full on. I was lying in bed, when at 9:30 my phone rang. One of my friends son had an accident at football and she had no car, meaning she needed a ride to the hospital. That was all good, because I love doing things for my friends, and would do anything for them. The only glitch was she was in Castlemaine. So I got myself ready and within 5 minutes I was out the door to Castlemaine. It seems to take so long just getting out of Bendigo!

I was in Castlemaine for about 2 minutes, and got her and her other kids in the car and headed over to the Bendigo hospital.

If something happens to me, please don't take me to the Bendigo hospital. It is a really scary place. Walking through the emergency ward brought back memories of when my grandpa was in ICU. It made me feel incredibly mergh.

Came home and within half an hour I got a phone call and got my friend and her kids and took her back to Castlemaine. Spent about an hour in Castlemaine drinking milo and playing with her kids, and then headed 'home' again. Although, I guess I had something else on my mind. I went towards Melbourne to see how far away Kyneton was. It being 33km away, I kept going, as it has been something I have been meaning to do for a while. After a brief toilet stop at what was like haunted public toilets, I went to the cemetry to visit my late auntie Joan, and picked some leaves for her. I called my auntie and mum while I was there. It was all very exciting, and very much so, cold.

I'm tired. And I have a 21st to go to, that I really don't want to. I just want to stay home. I know once the girls come over to my house I'll cheer up. I just feel so blah. I hate hospitals.

(how retro is my dad's purple car though! Wish he still had it!)

No comments:

some background noise?