Sunday, May 06, 2007

tempat lahir

Last night I went to my beautiful friend Steff's 21st. Stoz made her the best video, and there was also a slide show of embarrasing photos that I dared not put up here.

It was bizarre though. It feels like Steff is a long lost friend. It feels like I've known her for longer than I actually have. Watching Stoz's video and the photos of Steff's last 21 years, at times where I didn't exist in her life, before she knew me.

And then I got thinking about my own 21st, which isn't until november. I was thinking about my photos I would have, with a majority of the people in them would no longer be a really big part of my life. I don't seem to have a lot of life long friends.

Part of me feels like I've lived in Bendigo my whole life. Or even like I havent really been that far away this whole time. It feels like I've just grown up in Castlemaine or something. In an actual fact, my 'ascendants' have come from places like Kyneton and Woodend, so I kind of originate from this area.

Something about this place, just feels like home. And even when I do go back to South Australia, it feels like something's missing. I go back and not too many people care that I'm there, most ask me how Adelaide is going. When I tell them that I don't live in Adelaide they say, "oh yes, that's right, sorry, how is Ballarat treating you?" agh! Moreso to the point that I'm not as South Australian as I come across.

The party was retro! I loved it! One thing that worried me though, and I couldn't help but notice: there seemed to be two distinct groups: the christians from church, and the uni non christian group. Now this is all fine and normal, but should I be concerned that I seemed to be in the uni group?

Anyway, that's what's on my mind, John Laws.

3 comments:

Steff said...

That happens at every party where people don't know each other. People should take the iniative to introduce themselves - and that goes for Christians and non-Christians alike.

Achi Myachi said...

What I was getting at was more why did I feel so uncomfortable being in the "christian" group, and I guess they seemed like they didn't really miss me. I'm just questioning myself, that's all..

Anonymous said...

Adelaide For The Win /cheer

could be worse, you could have someone like me at a party, i normally sit in the corner and discuss philosophy :P

some background noise?