Monday, May 07, 2007

tiga dan empat

"Good morning Miss Smedley..."

It was my first day of my 3A teaching round today. It has been fun so far. I am really needing the refresment from the theory of uni, and also because my last prac was really bad.

I was a bit puzzled as to why God had put me in this school, with me being so homesick I was extremely close to changing my round to Murrayville or Pinnaroo, but God had other plans. In a way this confused me, but then after the events of last night, and also the fact that from the moment I walked into the school, I felt this peace and joy, I knew this was right.

So far has been so good. To set the scene: I am with grade 3/4's with a male teacher who really likes PE, in a smaller school outside Bendigo, about a 20 minute drive from me.

Anyway, so I was just observing, going around the class and doing stuff, when I came across two boys I nearly had to seperate. Anyway, I noticed some of the boys were paying him out because of the colours of his pencil case, and a temporary tattoo on his arm caught my eye. He also had a teal band on with the words "power". I asked, "do you go for port power?" He said yes and the kids kinda laughed at him. Then I told him that I did too! I think I've won him over!

Later I was walking back from PE with my supervising teacher, and he asked me, "So are you a Bendigo girl?"
"Nah, I'm from South Australia!"
"Oh, that explains why you barrack for Port Adelaide! You're not like all Port Adelaide supporters are you?" (for those who don't know, Port Adelaide is a little feral)

So all in all, I've had a good day. I'm really excited. I want to put everything into this prac, and do really well!

No comments:

some background noise?